Usage Based Broadband
Unlimited Plans are Eroding Financial and Network Performance
Explosive growth of subscriber network usage, driven by OTT video, is putting greater pressure on network infrastructure without a corresponding increase in revenue. Increasingly, users are shifting from traditional TV and home phone packages to over-the-top (OTT) services and this “cord cutting” is resulting in significantly lower average revenue per user (ARPU) for service providers. Without a way to align costs and revenues to adapt to changing demands, network operators face the difficult choice between lower profit margins, declining customer QoE, or higher subscriber churn.
Usage Billing Best Practices White Paper
Check out our latest white paper on Usage Billing Best Practices. Learn how and why broadband service providers are evolving towards usage metered services.
Accurately Measure Bandwidth Usage
Sustainable network services require bandwidth usage to be incorporated into data service models to better align costs to revenues but monetizing usage requires more than just defined data buckets and overage charges. Usage metering allows service providers to accurately meter usage and reliably offer usage based rate plans with higher user satisfaction and improved revenue assurance.
- Collect network usage data and mediate to the subscriber ID
- Perform statistical error correction on mediated data to ensure accuracy
- Measure network utilization and service delivery performance
Enable Service Visibility & Control
Usage based service models require subscribers to understand their fee structure, be advised of additional charges, and to see details of their charges. Subscriber portals ensure that subscribers have an understanding of their usage and notifications provide alerts regarding quota status.
- Enable subscriber notification and self-service portals to provide customers with visibility into their data usage
- Identify individual subscriber usage trends and offer “right fit” plans to reduce churn risks and improve customer satisfaction.
Subscriber Usage Reporting
As network data service markets mature, differentiated market segments emerge with unique requirements for access and usage. In order to maximize market success, it is critical that data services be tailored to the needs of different users based on historic usage patterns. Subscriber usage reporting provides the planning insights and development capabilities required to create a diversified portfolio of acquisition and retention offers that continuously meet evolving market needs.
- Analyze subscriber usage to identify new service tiers and offerings
- Identify marketing opportunities based on subscriber usage trends
- Understand subscriber service patterns across time and geographies
Explore More Monetization and Analytics Solutions
Learn more about how Incognito Monetization and Analytics Platform can enable service innovation, optimize network investments, and improve customer service experience.